Resveratrol: Why is it Important?
Vine Vera is home to some of the most luxurious skin care products you will ever find. Each one of the collections that we have to offer is based on a wine name as the main ingredient in all the products is Resveratrol which is derived from the skin of red grapes and is also found in red wine.
Resveratrol is considered to be a great natural remedy not only for the skin but for the body in general. This is why doctors advice people to drink a glass of red wine to reap the benefits it has to offer. It contains anti-inflammatory properties and is a good antioxidant.
Why is Resveratrol used?
Various studies have proven that Resveratrol can be quite useful in treating health conditions such as cancer, high cholesterol, heart disease and skin inflammation. It has also been studied to be quite effective in slowing down the skin’s natural aging process and aid in weight loss.
Benefits of Resveratrol
- Skin Care – One of the most effective benefits of Resveratrol has been seen in the world of skin care which is why it is being used in various skin care products. The harmful rays of the sun cause immense damage on the sun and this damage can be reversed with the application of skin care products that contain Resveratrol in it. It also helps protect the skin from sun damage in the first place when applied topically right before sun exposure.
- Losing weight – Resveratrol has been found to be extremely helpful in helping a person lose weight. The reason behind it is that this ingredient stimulates the expression of adiponectin which contains anti-obesity properties and also fights off resistance of insulin.
- Aging process – Recent studies reveal that age-related disorders such as skin inflammation can be controlled to a large extent with the help of Resveratrol. It suppresses inflammation on the skin while also lessening oxidative stress. Recent findings suggest that Resveratrol might be helpful in controlling heart strokes and type 2 diabetes too.
- Cancer – A report published in 2011 revealed that Resveratrol is helpful in the prevention and treatment of cancer and helps suppress breast cancer in the early stages. It was found that this ingredient helps to prevent the reaction between estrogen and DNA molecules which may otherwise give way to compounds that help cancer cells to form and multiply in the human body.
- Heart Diseases – A study conducted in 2010 suggested that Resveratrol helps decrease LDL or bad cholesterol, reduces high blood pressure and also prevents the arteries from hardening.